Monday, November 25, 2013

''If Just One'' interview with MsWeaver


It is so exciting to pretend you are in an imaginary world, to look deep inside yourself, to search through your preferences and desires, and to pick only those dearest to your heart. 

Yuliya Tkacheva (MsWeaver on Ravelry), a wonderful person, talented crochet designer and my friend, shares her picks with us.






- If you were to use only one technique, which one would you choose? Knitting or crochet? If crochet, would it be Tunisian, slip-stitch, lace crochet, filet – be specific! 
Tunisian crochet – there is so much to explore there! (I might not give you the same answer in a year’s time though!)

- If you were to design items from one category only, which one would it be? (E.g. home items, shawls, pullovers, etc.) 
Shawls – I love playing with stitch patterns and what could be a better medium to show off my discoveries!

- If you were to use only one hook size, which one? 
H8 (5mm) – this is the size I normally use for Tunisian crochet projects with lace and 3-ply yarn.

- And what about only one color (shades of color)? 
Hmmm, this is a hard one, as I don’t have one favourite colour… Right now I am quite drawn to mustard shades.

- What season would always be in your "Only One" design world? 
Winter! And preferably with lots of snow!

- Name your design you are proud of most of all! 
Summer Suite Scarf – it started as something completely different and I am very proud of where this design took me.

- And which one does your daughter like most of all? :) 
She quite likes her version of La Mar hat.

- Which one pattern among all GAL-participating patterns* of other designers you would dive into making right now? 
bem-me-quer by Inês Sousa – love everything about this design and its presentation: the texture, the lace, the bordering, the shape, the yarn colour, etc. Unfortunately, my knitting skills are a bit rusty…

------------------------------------------------------
GAL - Indie Design Gift-A-Long, a multi-designer promotion (read more and join in!)

1 comment: