Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Let's Play Favourites with Betty Fay Wallace

Our guest today is Betty Fay Wallace (Duffay on Ravelry, CielosCloset shop on Etsy). We adore her lovely baby patterns, share her love for bi-craftual designs, and admire her morning design routine!


Let's Play Favourites!

1. Which of your designs is your most favourite?
Choosing one of my designs as a favorite is like trying to choose a favorite child. It varies daily depending on my mood and how well they are behaving. But when it gets right down to it, you can never choose a favorite. Seaside Cottage Cocoon and Hat would probably be close to the top of the list.

2. Which of your patterns would be your favourite recommendation to a novice crocheter?
None of my patterns are for a complete novice. But it is so easy to learn any stitch by just searching the internet, I think most beginners would enjoy the Nacogdoches Night Scarf. It works up quickly with gorgeous results.

3. And which one would be such to a more experienced crocheter?
Cielo Baby Dress requires a more experienced crocheter. It creates a beautiful heirloom baby dress so it is worth the extra effort. I am always willing to assist with any questions or confusing areas.

4. What is your most favourite part of designing?
My favorite part of designing is testing out new stitch patterns over my morning coffee. I have tons of stitch pattern books. Every morning I work up a few more samples while trying to get enough coffee down to get more energetic.

5. Favourite crocheting technique?
My favorite crochet technique is definitely lace. Love, love, love lace!

6. Favourite yarn brand/yarn type?
My favorite yarns for babies would be Omega Eulali and Omega Fontana cotton yarns...for adults, it would be Malabrigo or Madelinetosh just for their gorgeous colors.

7. Favourite place to crochet?
I usually crochet at my desk in front of my computer. I have a wonderful chair and ottoman so it is super comfortable. It gives me the desk for my stitch pattern books, coffee and yarn and the computer to keep up with emails and Ravelry forums!

8. Favourite colour combination?
I don't think I have a favorite color combination. My color choices vary depending on the season and if I'm designing for a baby, child or adult.

9. What are your (favourite) designing plans for 2015?
I have so many designs dancing in my head that I have no idea what will come out next. I have several that I sold in my handmade gift shop that I have never written up. Most of them combine both knit and crochet. I'm not sure if there is market for them but I think will try to get them written up anyway. They are some of my favorites so maybe there will be others who enjoy both crafts in the same pattern.

10. Is there a designer-GAL participant, whose designs you favourited most of all?
I checked the designs I have marked as favorites from the designer-GAL participants. It doesn't look like I have a favorite designer. I like a wide variety of designers and patterns. Although I have concentrated my pattern designs in crochet, I love to knit too. I've selected a lot of designs featuring knit cables this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly