RIFT: Before and After



Edgings are important. In most cases they make a statement and add character to the design. Edgings create the polished look of the design, not only in the “neat, accurate” meaning of this word, but also in the way they tie together the entire look.

So, after I spent a day hysterically swatching all of the ribbing stitch patterns I knew and then some more I found on the Internet (none of them fit), I finally calmed down and started to think logically.

An excellent time-tested design construction, the plain sweater with a ribbed edging exists already and I don't need to invent anything new. I just need to re-work it. Why not simply switch the stitch patterns? And the plain sweater with the ribbing at the bottom, in my case, turns into a ribbed sweater with a plain edging. Voila!

As I needed to frog the bottom of the sweater anyway, I took this opportunity to make more changes. I made the sweater slightly shorter in front, longer in back, changed the width of the edging to be more visually appealing and added the same edging to the sleeves, but only half as wide. Now when I look at my red sweater, I feel all the parts are in harmony with each other and I feel content, and hope you do, too!

Yarn: Malabrigo Rios in shade Ravelry Red
Pattern: Rift by Lena Fedotova

The posts you might like:

Comments

Popular Posts