PATTERN RELEASE: City Break Hat

by Yuliya Tkacheva MsWeaver

When I created this design, I wanted to whip up a quick hat I could wear on my short trip to Amsterdam. A slightly slouchy simple rib beanie with a store-bought look, which would pair easily with a wide variety of looks. No fancy stitch patterns, nothing too laborious. Something I could crochet in a couple of evenings during the busy holiday season in time for my city break in early January.


This is how I came to own my City Break hat and I absolutely loved wearing it in Amsterdam! So much that I felt it deserved a pattern. Who wouldn't like having a classic rib hat in their wardrobe?


Worked in fingering-weight yarn, entirely with post-stitches, it is stretchy and comfortable, while being warm and stylish. The slightly slouchy shape gives a contemporary touch to this otherwise classical rib design. This is definitely a hat I would want to make in a variety of different colours.


To keep myself sufficiently entertained while crocheting it I added a narrow section of basketweave stitch pattern, which breaks the vertical ribs rather nicely, but this can be omitted completely if you want a plain rib beanie.

The pattern is fully written out and contains charts for a more visual crocheter. It offers three sizes, from baby to adult, to fit any head size.

Links: City Break Hat (pattern)

Comments

Popular Posts