Ozone: Yarn and Swatches

When I was working on the Breeze collection, I had five projects on my hooks at one time and generally, when it comes to prioritization, I start with the most difficult ones, like garments.

I work on them until I determine that the idea is worth executing and my calculations are correct, then the hard work is done and I can slow down and switch to another project. But this time I changed tactics and started with the simplest idea, just because I was so curious about the yarn, which I'd never tried before.

The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted in shade Water Green and it crochets as smoothly as butter!

My pre-swatch was worked in lace-weight yarn held double (Malabrigo Lace in shade Cadmium).

Malabrigo Lace held double
I wasn't sure it would turn out as nicely in worsted weight, but I'm totally loving the result!

Malabrigo Worsted

The stitch I considered as the most boring, uninteresting and featureless, the single crochet stitch, is turning out to be my favorite. It took me ten years to make out its versatility and understand how powerful its potential is.

The stitch pattern in the photo uses sc sts and chains.
Links:
Ozone pattern on Ravelry
Breeze Collection on Ravelry
Breeze Collection Lookbook

Yarn:
Malabrigo Worsted in shade Water Green
Malabrigo Lace in shade Cadmium


Comments

  1. Keeping a small basket of yarn scraps handy for swatching or small projects helps me minimize waste and get creative with color combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts